When I took a break from my high-tech career nearly 20 years ago, I decided I wanted a wine career. I’d always been a wine lover, and I knew that I wanted to do something in the industry. I wasn’t sure what I was looking for but knew that I wanted to work with wine. In this article, I’ll review my history of becoming a wine consultant.[Read more…]
You probably know some people in the party-plan world. Perhaps your Mary Kay representative. Maybe your Pampered Chef person. Did you know that wine has been a party-plan business now for 15 years? That’s right. WineShop At Home started its party-plan business in 2004. In this article, we’re going to explore why wine is a party-plan business like no other.[Read more…]
Do you have a serious day job but fantasize about having a fun side gig? How about a side gig with wine?!? Let me introduce you to my favorite side gig: being a wine consultant with WineShop At Home. I’ve been a consultant with WineShop At Home now for 13 years now. I love it, and I’d love to have you join me in the fun!
For Starters, Why Should You Consider a Side Gig?
- Having multiple sources of income gives you a good safety net.
- A side gig allows you to explore an area you might be really interested in.
- A side gig can be a great way to expand your skill set, perhaps adding sales skills, social media facilities and presentation expertise.
- While your day job pays the bills, your side gig might be the job you love. It is for me.
What You Will Do as a Wine Consultant
As a wine consultant, you will lead really fun wine tastings in people’s homes and offices, giving guests the chance to try fantastic wines (made by Napa winery WineShop At Home) before they buy them – in a fun, unintimidating environment.
Why Is It So Much Fun to Be a Wine Consultant?
- Work with a product you love. If you don’t love wine, look for a different opportunity. There are many good ones out there.
- Work with a product that others love. Almost everybody loves wine. While vitamins and other home-based products are fun, they just don’t get people quite as juiced – literally – as wine does.
- Leading wine tastings is incredibly fun. Giving people the opportunity to try fantastic wines before they buy them – in a fun, unintimidating environment – is fun. Plain and simple.
- Set your own schedule. If you can do one tasting a month, great. Two a month, great. Four a month, great. It’s completely up to you.
- Own your successes and failures. For those of us with serious day jobs, we know that we don’t always own our successes and failures. In the entrepreneurial world, we do. It’s incredibly fun and rewarding.
What Can This Opportunity Provide?
If you lead one to two tastings each month, you will earn between $50 and $200. You are likely to spend 10 hours doing this: recruiting hosts, coaching hosts, leading the tastings and doing the follow-up computer work.
If you lead three to four tastings each month, you will earn between $200 and $500 and spend probably 20 hours to accomplish everything.
If you lead more tastings each month, you will earn more money.
If you build a team of wine consultants, you will earn even more money.
What Will Make You a Success?
You like wine. Your enjoyment of wine and interest in leading fun, educational in-home wine tastings will go a long way in ensuring your success.
You enjoy people. This business is all about relationship building. So being a people person is critical.
You’re persistent. Growing a successful business takes time, commitment and consistency.
Ready to Learn More?
If becoming a wine consultant sounds appealing to you, let’s talk! The cost of getting started is just $149 or $299. Call me at 650-714-7009 or email me at email@example.com. Also, read my Wine Business page to learn more.
If you know someone else who might be interested, please share this information with them and have them contact me. Cheers!
Betty Kaufman, WineShop At Home
As an independent wine consultant with WineShop At Home, I absolutely enjoy bringing a taste of the Napa wine country home to you one sip at a time. Whether you simply love to drink wine, seek a special personalized wine gift, or are in search of a new wine jobs opportunity as a wine consultant, feel free to contact me for a truly unique wine tasting experience!
WineShop At Home
Are you ready for some fun this year? I’d love for you to explore becoming a wine consultant. One of the many benefits of being a wine consultant is you get to set your own schedule. How great is that? [Read more…]
It’s the end of the year, and that means it might be time to start planning for next year. Perhaps you’re thinking about new ways to make money. Last week, I suggested that a red-collar job of being a wine consultant might be the ticket for you. This week, I’m going to focus on why the party-plan business model is so great, and why wine is the best party-plan business around.