I’m excited to introduce you to Dolcetto, a beautiful red wine that originates in the Piedmont region of Italy. I believe there are 5 CA vineyards that grow this grape, and 10 CA wineries that make Dolcetto wine. I’m incredibly lucky to be affiliated with WineShop At Home, one of those 10 Dolcetto wineries.
We just released our latest vintage, a 2014, under our Milano Cellars label, the label we use for wines with an Italian origin.
Our Dolcetto has somewhat of a cult following and usually sells out within 6 to 8 weeks of being released. So I’m encouraging you to try the wine very quickly.
Why is Dolcetto so good?
- It’s a berry party in your mouth – think cherries, blueberries, strawberries, raspberries, blackberries! Think adult Hawaiian punch!
- It’s a low tannin, low acidity wine that you serve slightly chilled – between 55 and 60 degrees – to accentuate the wine’s fruitiness.
- It pairs well with a lot of foods – pizza, chocolate, cheese, berries.
- It pairs well with a lot of different environments and moods – sunny days, rainy days, happy days, sad days. You probably are getting the picture. As the old ad used to say, “Try it! You’ll like it!”
- For newcomers to red wine, this is a fantastic red wine on training wheels.
- It’s only $24 a bottle.
We sadly sell out of our Dolcetto very quickly every year. So if you’d like to place an order, I encourage you to do so very soon, either by My Dolcetto page or calling me at 650-714-7009. If you’d prefer, you can try Dolcetto by hosting a wine tasting with me. If you’re interested in doing that, please call me so we can set up a date.
Cheers to a Dolcetto-licious tasting experience!