As you might know, I’ve been a wine consultant with WineShop At Home for 11 years. And I can’t say enough good things about the experience. There are so many fun things about this opportunity, from tasting wonderful wines to meeting great people to being my own boss to enjoying the wine country lifestyle. But for me, my favorite part of this opportunity is that I get paid to help people drink wine. What exactly do I mean by those words?
Like other home-based businesses, I earn commission on the wine I sell. On the rare occasion that I lead a wine tasting and don’t have any orders, I don’ make any money. But in 11 years of doing this business, I think I’ve had this happen maybe three times. Typically I’ll sell at least one case of wine, and often times much more than that.
WineShop At Home wine consultants make anywhere from 20 to 44% commission on what we sell.
… To Help People Drink Wine
You might be wondering why people need help drinking wine. Truth be told, most people are begging for help. Why?
- Intimidation: Many people feel intimidated by wine. The wine industry has done a big disservice to itself by convincing us that we’re not worthy of enjoying wine unless we’re experts. A big goal of mine at all of my tastings is to help people get over this intimidation. I start out many of my tastings by reminding people that we’re drinking fermented grape juice. It’s hard to get intimidated by that.
- Wanting to know more: What is the difference between a Merlot and a Cabernet? What am I looking for when I taste? How do I know if a wine is good? What am I supposed to do when I taste? Answering some of these questions goes a long way in helping people get more out of the wine-tasting experience.
Do You Want to Get Paid to Help People Drink Wine?
I am always looking for people to join my wine consultant team. Specifically, I’m looking for people who are excited about:
- Earning $100, $500 or even $5,000 a month
- Working with a successful sales team and creating your own team
- Enjoying sampling new wines
- Enjoying the wine country lifestyle
- Pursuing an entrepreneurial opportunity backed by an established company
If this sounds like you or somebody you know, let’s talk!
What Makes a Great Wine Consultant?
Successful wine consultants come in all shapes and sizes. Here are a few keys to success:
- You enjoy wine – No expertise required, just a lot of enthusiasm.
- You enjoy people – Home-based businesses are all about relationship building. So enjoying people is very important.
- You have strong stick-to-it skills – Growing a successful business takes time, commitment and consistency.
To learn more about being a wine consultant, please visit my Wine Business page, call me at 650-714-7009 or email me at firstname.lastname@example.org. If you know others who might want to learn more about what I do, please share this information with them and have them contact me.
As an independent wine consultant with WineShop At Home, I absolutely enjoy bringing a taste of the Napa wine country home to you one sip at a time. Whether you simply love to drink wine, seek a special personalized wine gift, or are in search of a new wine jobs opportunity as a wine consultant, feel free to contact me for a truly unique wine tasting experience!
WineShop At Home