As an independent wine consultant with WineShop At Home, I host “edutaining” wine tastings in people’s homes and offices. Here are eight great reasons for hosting a wine tasting with me:
Eight Great Reasons for Hosting a Wine Tasting
- You get to try before you buy – At the grocery store, it’s tempting to choose the wines with the prettiest or cutest labels, only to be disappointed with what you find inside. It is such a treat to get to try wines and buy only the ones you really like.
- The winery comes to your home – It’s a lot of fun to taste wines at wineries. But these days, spending $50+ on a tank of gas and paying tasting fees at each winery puts a big damper on a wine country day. When I lead a tasting in your home, I’m essentially bringing a winery’s tasting room right to you.
- Our wines are really good – WineShop At Home is an artisan Napa winery that produces wonderful wines that aren’t available in stores or restaurants. Our wines are value priced from $14 to $32.
- You can’t afford NOT to – I bring 6 bottles of wine (valued at $120) and lead a 1 ½ to 2 hour tasting for you and up to 11 of your friends. The cost for such a tasting is just $55, plus cheese, fruit and chocolate.
- It’s FUN! – A wine tasting is a great way to bring friends together for a few hours of pure unadulterated FUN. Whether you’re celebrating the beginning of summer, back to school, book club or good friends, or you just need to de-stress a little, a wine tasting is just what the doctor ordered.
- FUNtastic learning environment – In between the sips and the laughs, we do our best to learn a little about wine. At a winery, you might be intimidated to ask a really good question about wine, or you might not be able to get anybody’s attention. At my tastings, you’ll feel comfortable asking your questions, and I will do my best to answer them.
- Choose traditional or blind – If you choose a traditional tasting, you’ll find out what you’re tasting before you try it. If you choose a blind tasting, you’ll guess what you’re tasting and see if you are right. Whichever approach you choose, you and your guests will be in for a real treat.
- Great opportunity to gift shop – At your tasting, you’ll discover that, in addition to offering great wines, I offer personalized wines, wine gift baskets and a great wine club.
For more information about hosting a wine tasting, please visit my wine tasting page and/or call me at 650-714-7009.