As a wine blog writer, I read a bunch of wine blogs to see what other people are writing about. As I do my research, I often see lists of the best wine blogs. I thought it would be fun to do a comparison of the lists. I’ll share my very interesting discoveries with you in this article.
The “Best Wine Blogs Lists” I Reviewed
To simplify my research, I looked only at 2018 lists, and I didn’t look at any country-specific lists.
What I Discovered
Most of the recommended blogs were listed only once. Nine were listed twice. Only one, Natalie MacLean’s, was listed three times. In this table, I put in bold the blogs that got mentioned at least twice.
103 Best Wine Blogs
Best 100 Wine Blogs
|Happy Belly Fish’s
Top 20 Wine Blogs
Best 100 Wine Blogs
|1||1 Wine Dude||Wine Spectator||Tim Atkin||Oregon Live||Vinography|
|2||1337 Wine||Vinepair||Reverse Wine Snob||Vinepair||Wine Wankers|
|3||A Wine Story||Wine Folly||Matt Walls||Wine Folly||The Wine Doctor|
|4||Affairs of the Vine||Social Vignerons||Vinography||Wine Spectator||Rockin Red Blog|
|5||Andre Ribeirinho||Wine Wankers||Wineanorak||K&L Wines||The Wine Siren|
|6||Another Wine Blog||The Jordan Journey||Natalie MacLean||The Majestic Wine Blog||The Fermented Fruit|
|7||Appellation Australia||Cult Wines||Grape Wall of China||Berry Bros and Rugo||Dame Wine|
|8||Asian Palate||Natalie MacLean||The Wine Doctor||Laith Waites||Sip on this Juice|
|10||Been Doon So Long||Intravino||Wine Explorers||Natalie MacLean||—|
The Basis for Each List
Here are the explanations for how the lists were put together.
- WineTurtle – “I made it my mission to focus on wine blogs that are still frequently updated and are being run by an individual or a small group of people.”
- Feedspot – Their list is based on search and social metrics.
- Happy Belly Fish – “The spotlight is on wine enthusiasts, experts, connoisseurs, tasters, writers, and travelers.”
- World’s Best – “For the greater understanding of wine, and wider outreach of the love of wine, we have collected the best wine blogs off the internet and ranked them on the basis of relevance.”
- Social Vigneron – “There are many quality wine blogs out there, all around the world! We’re looking for the best, and most friendly ones…”
I love that the majority of the “best wine blogs” – 28, to be exact – were only mentioned by one of the five lists. That speaks volumes to our having personal tastes not only for wine but also for wine blogs.
Of all the blogs listed, Wine Folly, whom I quote quite regularly in my blog, is my personal favorites. I’m excited to have compiled this list of other people’s favorites. I look forward to getting to know many of these blogs in the not too distant future.
Please share your favorite wine blogs here. Also, if you have any advice on how to get more eyes on my blog, I’d love to hear that. Thanks.
As an independent wine consultant with WineShop At Home, I absolutely enjoy bringing a taste of the Napa wine country home to you one sip at a time. Whether you simply love to drink wine, seek a special personalized wine gift, or are in search of a new wine jobs opportunity as a wine consultant, feel free to contact me for a truly unique wine tasting experience!
WineShop At Home