Are holiday expenditures forcing you to look for an extra source of income? Is the thought of a blue-collar job making you feel sick to your stomach? Does the idea of having to follow a work schedule at say Starbucks or Bed Bath and Beyond leave something to be desired? Let me encourage you to instead look for a red-collar job. A red-collar job? What the heck is that? It is being a wine consultant – helping people enjoy white and red wine. With a little bit of effort, you can make at least as much money as a blue-collar job, and you get to be in control of your schedule and your life. Please read all about it here.
My Life as a Wine Consultant
Thirteen years ago, I became an independent wine consultant with WineShop At Home. I have a day job too, but my wine business is my passion. It is incredibly fun and rewarding to be an entrepreneur in the wine world. I love being my own boss, setting my own schedule, and being completely responsible for my successes and failures. I also love working with a product that brings joy to people.
Your Life as a Wine Consultant
As a wine consultant, you do two things:
- You lead wine tastings in people’s homes, giving guests the chance to try fantastic wines before they buy them – in a fun, unintimidating environment.
- Also, if you choose to, you lead a team of wine consultants who run their own businesses and get support from you.
Both pieces of the business are incredibly rewarding, but both require you to be very entrepreneurial. Why? Well, sadly, people don’t line up at your door asking for tastings or asking to join your team. To build a successful business, you need to let the world know about it. If you love connecting with people, this will be fun for you.
Why Is a Red-collar Job More Rewarding than a Blue-collar Job?
- Set Your Own Schedule. When you work at Starbucks, you are confined by the schedule they give you. When you work for yourself, you decide on your schedule. I tell all my team members they should try to work on their business every day of the week. But it could be 10 minutes today and 3 hours tomorrow. It’s up to you.
- Own Your Successes and Failures. There are many WineShop At Home wine consultants who make serious six-figure salaries. If they were working at Bed Bath and Beyond, it wouldn’t matter how good they were. They would not be able to hit that kind of number. When you’re your own boss, the sky is the limit.
- Work with a Product You Love. Now if you love coffee, Starbucks might be the best place for you. But if you love wine, WineShop At Home is probably the best place for you, especially because of the upsides.
What Can This Red-collar Opportunity Provide?
- If you lead one to two tastings each month, you will earn between $50 and $200. You are likely to spend 10 hours doing this: recruiting hosts, coaching hosts, leading the tastings and doing the follow-up computer work.
- If you lead three to four tastings each month, you will earn between $200 and $500 and spend probably 20 hours to accomplish everything.
- If you lead five to six tastings each month and build a team of three wine consultants, you will earn between $500 and $1500 and spend probably 30 hours on your business.
You can see that the more you do with your business, the more money you make per hour.
What Will Make You a Success?
- You enjoy wine – No expertise required.
- You enjoy people – This business, like other home-based businesses, is all about relationship building. If you like people, this is a good fit. If you don’t, it’s not.
- You don’t give up easily – Growing a successful business takes time, commitment and consistency. The most successful people in this business are the people who stick to it.
Ready to Learn More?
If this red-collar job sounds more appealing to you than a blue-collar job, let’s talk! The cost of getting started is just $149 or $299. Call me at 650-714-7009 or email me at firstname.lastname@example.org. If you know someone else who might be interested, please share this information with them and have them contact me. Cheers!
As an independent wine consultant with WineShop At Home, I absolutely enjoy bringing a taste of the Napa wine country home to you one sip at a time. Whether you simply love to drink wine, seek a special personalized wine gift, or are in search of a new wine jobs opportunity as a wine consultant, feel free to contact me for a truly unique wine tasting experience!
WineShop At Home