Most of us are familiar with the notion that many important things in life have stages associated with them (e.g., grieving, pregnancy, a successful event, language acquisition). A wine consultant friend of mine came up with eight stages of being a wine consultant. I loved them so much that I’m sharing them here. Thank you, Jen LaCour, for your incredible creativity.
By the way, if you’d like to skip ahead and learn more about joining my team as a wine consultant, please visit my Wine Business page.
The Stages of Being a Wine Consultant
- INDIFFERENCE – Betty has a wine business? I didn’t know that 🙂
- SYMPATHY – Bless her heart, Betty is nuts about this silly wine thing.
- ANGER – Why does Betty talk about her wine gig sooooo much?
- DENIAL – This could NEVER work for me.
- HOPE – Maybe this COULD work for me?
- ACCEPTANCE – I’m ready to jump in and NEVER look back!
- GRATITUDE – Thankful for this side job and new friends and fabulous wine!
- REGRET – What in the heck was wrong with me?! This company is amazing, and I can’t believe I didn’t jump in sooner!
Which number are you now? If you’re early in the list, perhaps I can help you move to the latter part of the list. If you’re in the latter part of the list, perhaps I can encourage you to get started as a wine consultant.
If you’re even remotely considering jumping into this business, please email me, and I’ll send you more information. If this is a good fit for you, I’d love to help you get your first paycheck before Christmas!