Ten years ago, I became an independent wine consultant with WineShop At Home. I have to say that these past 10 years have been incredibly fun. It’s pretty amazing to get to work with a product that brings joy to people. It’s also great to be my own boss, set my own schedule, and be completely responsible for my successes and failures.
What Do I Do as a WineShop At Home Wine Consultant?
As a wine consultant, I do two primary things:
- I lead wine tastings in people’s homes. I give my tasting guests the chance to try fantastic wines before they buy them – in a fun, unintimidating environment. I like to say that I “edutain” the guests.
- I lead a team of wine consultants. This is one of the most rewarding parts of the business. Each of my team members runs her or his own wine business. They get a lot of support from me, my colleagues and WineShop At Home. I earn commissions on my personal sales, as well as on the sales of my team members.
Could This Be a Good Opportunity for You?
I am always looking for people to join my team. Specifically, I’m looking for people who are excited about:
- Earning $100, $500 or even $5,000 a month leading fun, educational in-home wine tastings
- Working with a successful sales team and creating your own team
- Enjoying the wine country lifestyle
- Enjoying sampling new wines
- Pursuing an entrepreneurial opportunity backed by an established company
If this sounds like you or somebody you know, let’s talk!
What Makes a Great Wine Consultant?
People often ask me the characteristics of a great wine consultant. Successful wine consultants come in all shapes and sizes. Here are a few keys to success:
- You enjoy wine – You don’t have to be an expert, just an enthusiast.
- You enjoy people – Home-based businesses are all about relationship building. So enjoying people is key to enjoying the business and being successful.
- You have strong stick-to-it skills – Growing a successful business takes time, commitment and consistency. The most successful people in this business are the people who stick to it.
To learn more about being a wine consultant, please visit my Wine Business page, call me at 650-714-7009 or email me at firstname.lastname@example.org. If you know others who might want to learn more about what I do, please share this information with them and have them contact me.