It’s the end of the year, and that means it might be time to start planning for next year. Perhaps you’re thinking about new ways to make money. Last week, I suggested that a red-collar job of being a wine consultant might be the ticket for you. This week, I’m going to focus on why the party-plan business model is so great, and why wine is the best party-plan business around.
The Benefits of a Party-plan Business
- Low cost: Most party-plan companies let you get started for a few hundred dollars. Imagine being able to open a store for a few hundred dollars!
- Low risk: If you don’t like your business, you can quit – no questions asked and very little money wasted. Imagine being able to do this with a business you create from scratch!
- Tax advantages: You get to write off all of your business expenditures.
- You get to choose how big you want your business to be: If you want to make a lot of money, you will work your business very seriously. If you don’t need to make a lot of money, you can take a more relaxed pace.
- Parties are fun: It’s hard to beat telling people that your “job” involves throwing parties.
Word of Caution about Party-plan Business
Just like any entrepreneurial endeavor, a party-plan business takes discipline, effort and perseverance. If you have these attributes, you will love being your own boss, setting your own hours, and following your own pace, all while taking advantage of party-plan’s low-cost/low-risk setup.
Why Wine Is Such a Great Party-plan Business
- Wine appeals to men and women: With many party-plan companies, you only get to sell to half of the population. Not with wine!
- Wine is truly fun: When you sell vitamins, you don’t usually get people jumping up and down. When you sell wine, you very often do.
- No inventory: With wine, you can’t keep inventory that you’re going to sell, because you aren’t licensed to sell wine. Only the company is licensed. So you have no hidden costs.
- No skills needed: I have a ton of team members who became wine consultant to learn about wine. All you need is enthusiasm. No expertise is required.
When I think of other party-plan companies, I have a hard time thinking of a product that is quite as much fun to learn about and play with as wine.
Another Word of Caution
Just like any party-plan business, being a wine consultant takes discipline, effort, perseverance and a love of wine. If you have all of these attributes, I would love to talk to you about your joining my team. Please check out the wine consultant opportunity with WineShop At Home on my Wine Business page or call me at 650-714-7009.
As an independent wine consultant with WineShop At Home, I absolutely enjoy bringing a taste of the Napa wine country home to you one sip at a time. Whether you simply love to drink wine, seek a special personalized wine gift, or are in search of a new wine jobs opportunity as a wine consultant, feel free to contact me for a truly unique wine tasting experience!
WineShop At Home