Here’s to a July 4th celebration filled with family, friends, good cheer, good fireworks, good food and good wine! With two months of summer yet to come, there’s still plenty of time for enjoying refreshing summer wines. Today’s article is devoted to my favorite sizzlin’ summer wines from WineShop At Home, the Napa winery that I represent:
- Homage 2011 California Lot 15 – Our 2011 Homage Lot 15 is the best low-alcohol wine I’ve ever tasted. It has aromas of pear, apricot, lemon zest, pineapple, lychee and orange blossom. In the mouth, these aromas are also present, clean, soft, smooth and buttery. Its sweetness is perfectly balanced by its crisp acidity. Your Price: $22.00
- Table White Wine – Can you say adult lemonade? This blend of Chardonnay, Sauvignon Blanc and Viognier is your perfect summer sipper, porch pounder and picnic pick-me-upper. It has a nose that starts with very light white flowers flagrances, opens up to citrus aromas and turns into ripe peach and apricot. Your Price for the required 6-bottle order: $84.00
- Petit Cadeau Semi-Seco – Our Petit Cadeau California Semi-Seco is amazing. It makes any occasion festive. Two of my favorite pairings for our sparkling wine are sushi and potato chips! You’re likely to find aromas of green apple, pear and flowers with hints of orange and anise. The flavors are fruity, with a light sweetness. This sparkling has good acidity and a pleasant medium weight on the palate with a long sweet finish. Your Price: $21.50
- Mariana 2011 Shiraz – Our Shiraz is the perfect BBQ and campfire wine, but I’ve been enjoying it with just about anything. It displays flavors of black currant, green pepper, musk and spearmint. The mouth has some earthy tones with bright red fruits in the mid-palate. Your Price: $23.00
- Fleur Bleu 2012 California Zinfandel – This Zin offers the perfect combination of overripe berries (black cherry, wild strawberries and blueberries) and black pepper. Exactly what you look for in a Zinfandel without too much alcohol! A real treat. Your Price: $23.00
If you would like to place an order, please call me at 650-714-7009 or visit my website, www.winetastingsandmore.com, and click “Shop Our Products” followed by “Shop for Wines.” I would love to help you fill your wine cellar for the summer.
Cheers to a Great 4th!!!